5 signs it’s time to update your website
A1dezine Ltd | November 14, 2017 | New Website Design | no responses
In todays’ world, digital technology has seen great advancement. That’s why, it is vital to have to have an up-to-date website. A website with impressive modern designs can produce great results for an online business. It helps in gaining credibility and establishing a great reputation in your reputation. However, if your website is outdated, it will not lead your business to success. As visitors are not willing to associate themselves with online businesses that offer poor quality services.
For instance, you are walking down the street to have some coffee. You came across various shops with the name “Café”. You will obviously want to visit the café which has a bright sign, clean and welcoming environment and smells good. Instead of going to a Café that is dark and smells bad. Most probably, the same thing applies to an online business.
Therefore, it’s important that you that your online presence highlights your online marketing efforts.
Here we have listed top 5 signs you must look for to know if your website is up-to-date:
- Not responsive for mobile phones: Your website must be efficient enough to fit on the screen size of any device. If your website broaden past the border of a screen, then it is not mobile responsive at all. It should be automatically scaled to fit on all of the smart devices like tablets, smart phones, etc. It should quickly load on devices that have smaller screens and require minimal scrolling. Read more about the vitality of responsive web design.
- Outdated content: As digital technology evolves over time websites also grow. However, if you don’t update your text content and featured articles it will become outdated over time. And, if you don’t update your site on a time poor content may affect its performance. Additionally, badly written content with typos and other errors in it won’t work well for your business.
- Using images as text: Previously, there were limited font options for websites. Thus, a font needed to be embedded graphically as a picture in order to display. However, these days there are a lot of fonts available. They have key titles and subheadings displayed as pictures.
- No social media links: If there are no social media links, it is certainly out of date. You must also include a “share this” option on your blog posts. These days, many competitive online businesses that link prominent social media sites like Twitter, Facebook to their sites. They act as the best link to connect with your clients and build a huge customer base. Whereas, using share as an option in your posts will allow your visitors with social media accounts to share your content.
- Slow loading speed: When your website takes more than 3 second to load it can increase the bounce rate. As these days visitors are more likely to leave sites that take much time to load. This means your online visitors will simply leave your page before it loads. There are many things that can slow down your site loading speed. This includes uncompressed images, several HTTP requests and lethargic web server.